1. Cloud Computing will be heavily invested in
- Private cloud usage has increased from 63% to 77% in 2016 with percentage of hybrid cloud adoption has jumped from 58 to 71%.
- 17% of companies have more than 1000 VMs in public cloud, which was 13% in 2015.
- Private cloud has shown growth too with 31% enterprises running more than 1000 VMs as compared to 22% in 2015.
2. Implement cyber security to eliminate your data threats in 2016
3. All-Flash Data Centre for storage
4. Collaboration Tools to boost internal productivity
5. Spends in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Leveraging Mobile Devices : With the emergence of smartphones and other mobile devices, people can have access to data anytime and anywhere. This significantly improves the utility of the ERP solutions Since various ERP core features like dashboards and reporting features can be accessed on the mobile devices, it is one of the key things enterprises will be looking for from their ERP solutions.
- Not just for big companies any more : As more and more vendors offer ERP as along with customization ERP is becoming more useful and accessible to the smaller enterprises
6. Data Analytics - IOT and Artificial Intelligence
7. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
CIOs have a key role to play in selecting technology which enables quicker business expansion and chart out new industry frontiers. CIOs should work with other business leaders to determine which technology trends (listed above or others) will impact their organizations the most.